Friday, August 20, 2010

Busted!

Yesterday, something happened that never usually does....I slept in until 9am....and only woke up then because my cell phone rang. Apparently my body needed the rest because I can't remember the last time I slept in past 8 or 8:30 at the very latest. I didn't even have a glass of wine or anything the night before!! The factors that usually stop me from the much needed rest include, my body's habit of getting up around 6:30, the sun coming up, and of course JJ & Maggie getting restless and wanting breakfast. For whatever reason, none of these were a factor yesterday! Brent left early for work and turned the ceiling fan on and the box fan up a notch before he left (making it nice and cool and the white noise even more present), it was cloudy outside, and the dogs were obviously tired too! So what is there not to love about this story....it was THURSDAY and I have a JOB! The wake up phone call I received was from my boss!! Luckily she was just worried that I was ok and not upset about my alarm clock oversight! When I looked at my cell phone alarm, the alarm screen was up but it wasn't going off or in snooze mode so I must have hit a wrong button! It was quite embarrassing to admit that I overslept but I'm grateful I'm still employed!! I doubt this will happen Saturday morning even if I try!!

Sweet dreams to all this weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no!!!!! Isn't that how it always is?? When you can't sleep in, you struggle to get up and when you can sleep in, you're wide awake!! ughh!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me - sleep is a good thing whenever you can get it!

    ReplyDelete